Automatic External Defibrillation
Will You Know What to Do?
In the United States, sudden cardiac arrest claims more than 350,000 lives each year. As the single leading cause of death in the U.S., heart attack and heart failure is a major public health problem. Sudden cardiac arrest in adults is frequently caused by ventricular fibrillation, an abnormal, chaotic heart rhythm that prevents the heart from pumping blood. The most effective treatment for ventricular fibrillation is defibrillation, delivering an electrical shock to the heart with a machine called a defibrillator.
Recent technological advances in defibrillator design now make it possible for rescuers with limited training to provide defibrillation earlier following sudden cardiac arrest using an Automated External Defibrillator (AED).
Our Automated External Defibrillation workshop features the advanced training system pioneered in Massachusetts by First Aid Coach.
This course includes:
•An overview of Ventricular Fibrillation and the use of defibrillators.
• A scenario featuring an industrial Emergency Response Team with emphasis on emergency planning.
• A scenario featuring a Public Safety Officer who is the first to respond to a cardiac arrest patient. The emphasis is on the ABC's of patient care.
• A scenario featuring Basic Life Support-trained Fire-fighters with an emphasis on AED operation.
• Instructor-led demonstrations of the ABCs and AED operation.
• Lots of hands-on practices for the students.-
The skills of patient care are taught in the same sequence they are actually used which results in the participant feeling less anxious about using their skills in a real emergency.
Because First Aid Coach uses the world's finest training system, Medic First Aid, they learn by seeing, hearing and doing. Numerous studies have clearly demonstrated that numerous uses of the information in the practice sessions help create retention. As a result, students develop real confidence in their ability to respond and perform these skills in a real crisis.
Price: $65. includes . . .
- Video / Classroom session
- Medic First Aid Pediatric Manual
- Medic First Aid Pediatric Successful Completion Card